The mission of Anesthesiology is to promote scientific discovery and knowledge in perioperative, critical care, and pain medicine to advance patient care. Anesthesiology endeavors to be the vanguard of trusted evidence that moves the field forward, informs new discoveries, and improves practice.
When you publish in Anesthesiology, your paper gets noticed. Our journal has the highest impact factor (7.067) among all anesthesiology journals. You can expect thoughtful and constructive recommendations and advice from our editors and reviewers to assist you through the submission process.
In addition, we are transparent in providing publishing statistics and data to assist in your decision of where to publish, such as:
- Enduring Importance and Foundational Value: Impact factor 7.067—#1 ranked journal in the field and the highest score ever achieved by any anesthesia journal, 5-year impact factor 6.820, and citation half-life 11 years.
- Publication Speed: 22 days to online publication after acceptance
- Review Speed: Average time to first decision <4 weeks
- Journal Reach: >43,000 individual print + online subscribers, including American Society of Anesthesiologists members, and >5,200 Ovid subscribers that provide access to their entire institution
- Online Readership: 3.6 million users in 2019 (49% United States, 51% International)
- Authorship: 60% United States, 40% International
- No page charges and free color figures
DETAILED SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Before submitting a manuscript to ANESTHESIOLOGY, please make sure each author has read the following instructions and guidelines carefully. Articles submitted according to our instructions and guidelines enter the review system quicker, increasing the speed to decision.
SUBMIT A MANUSCRIPT
Ready to submit? Follow the link below to submit your manuscript through our online submission service. Just log in or register and follow the instructions. You can then view and track the status of your submission through the same site.
ABOUT THE JOURNAL
Founded in 1940, ANESTHESIOLOGY is the official journal of the American Society of Anesthesiologists and leads the world in publication of foundational, peer-reviewed perioperative, pain medicine, and critical care research that transforms clinical practice in our field.
MEET THE EDITORSLearn more about the clinicians and researchers who keep our journal at the vanguard of perioperative, pain medicine, and critical care research.
CONTACT USCan't find what you're looking for? Reach out with any questions by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to help!
Impact data sources:
2019 Journal Impact Factor, Journal Citation Reports (Clarivate Analytics, 2020).
2019 year-end data collected by Wolters Kluwer.